Scheduled Readings & Appearances
No events or appearances are scheduled at this time.
- Mameve has a new essay in The New York Times entitled "Candelabra and Chipped Paint," about growing up in Bangor, ME, Wednesday, August 3, 2011
- Of Men and Their Mothers has been featured as a book of particular interest in Paperback Row the New York Times Book Review, Sunday, July 12, 2009
- Of Men and Their Mothers made the Boston Globe's bestseller list for the week of May 10!
- Of Men and Their Mothers is a new "featured book" on ReadingGroupChoices.com. Also, catch this interview with Mameve, also featured on that site.
- Mameve has published a new essay, "Confessions of a Faux-Food Fanatic" online at Gourmet.com. Check out the slideshow!
- "Serious About Funny," a Q&A with the Portland Press Herald (Maine), was featured on June 15. Read the full article
- Listen to Mameve read from and discuss Of Men and Their Mothers on Utah Public Radio.
- Of Men and Their Mothers is a Denver Post Editor's Choice for the week of May 2.
- The Chicago Sun-Times has selected Of Men and Their Mothers as a Mother's Day book recommendation.
- How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life is number 4 on The Boston Globe's paperback fiction bestsellers for the week of July 8!
- The paperback edition of How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life has gone into its second printing!
- Mameve's essay, "Oh Lord, Oh Lourdes, Alors!" will appear in How to Spell Chanukah to be published by Algonquin in November 2007.
- The paperback edition of How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life will be available March 2007.
- Mameve's new novel, Men and Their Mothers, will be published in hardcover by William Morrow in May 2008.
- A new paperback edition of The End of an Error will be published in April 2008.
- A profile of Mameve and her good friend Elinor Lipman, "Writers, readers and best friends forever," appeared in the June 23 issue of The Cape Codder. [Read the full article]
- Mameve's April 27th lecture and reading at the Boston Athenæum is now available online courtesy of the WGBH Forum Network. (Presented by the Boston Athenæum.)
- How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life has gone into a second printing!
- How Elizabeth... has made the Boston Globe Local Bestseller List again for the week of April 23.
- Listen to Mameve on Maine Public Broadcasting Network as she discusses How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life.
- A story and interview with Mameve was featured in the April 16 edition of Newsday. [Read the full article]
- The new book is #4 on the Boston Globe Local Bestseller List for April 16.
- How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life is now #3 on the Boston Globe Local Bestseller List.
- How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life has been selected by Nancy Pearl (Book Lust and More Book Lust) as recommended reading for the week of April 9.
- How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life is #4 on the Boston Globe Local Bestseller List for March 26!
- The Polish rights to How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life have been sold to Muza Publishing, Warsaw.
- BookSense has named How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life one of their Top 20 picks for April.
- How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life has been selected by Boston magazine as its Book Club pick for March 2006!
- Weston, MA, 10/7/10, Guest Speaker, Friends of the Weston Library Lunch
- Biddeford Pool, ME, 9/26/10, Writers' Series
- Boston, MA,6/9/09, "Authors Amongst Us: An Evening of Books, Brie & Beaujolais," sponsored by the Beacon Hill Civic Association
- Milwaukee, WI 5/8/09, Boswell Book Company "Best Buddies Night," with Elinor Lipman and Anita Shreve
- Methue, MA 5/6/09, Nevins Library
- Boston, MA 4/25/09, Simmons Club at Hampshire House
- Groton, MA 10/28/08, Groton Public Library
- Dennis, MA 8/16/08, Armchair Bookstore
- Bar Harbor, ME 6/27/08, Sherman's Books and Stationery
- Portland, MA 6/20/08, Portland Public Library
- Newton, MA 6/12/08, Newtonville Books
- Boston, MA 6/10/08, Boston Athenæum
- Boston, MA 6/4/08, The Literati Scene (TV)
- Boston, MA 6/3/08, Boston Public Library
- South Hadley, MA 5/22/08, Odyssey Bookstore
- Salt Lake City, UT 5/15/08, King's English
- Cohasset, MA 5/13/08, Buttonwood Books and Toys
- Swampscott, MA 5/12/08, Swampscott Public Library
- Concord, MA 5/11/08, Concord Bookshop
- Falmouth, MA 5/7/08, Massachusetts Library Association annual conference
- Brookline, MA 5/5/08, Brookline Booksmith
- Carmel, IN 5/3/08, Carmel Clay Public Library Foundation 2008 "Book Marks" Event
- New York, NY 5/1/08, Corner Bookstore
- Boston, MA 4/27/08, The Muse and the Marketplace
- Newburyport, MA 4/25, 4/26/08, Newburyport Book Festival
- Cambridge, MA 4/24/08, Porter Square Books
- Cambridge, MA 4/23/08, Harvard Bookstore
- Boston, MA 4/22/08, WBNW "Pages to People" (Radio)
- Boston, MA 4/2/08, Grub Street Benefit for The Writers Room
- Boston, MA 2/7/08, Massachusetts Book Awards
- Boston, MA 12/2/07, WNBA Annual Tea
- Newton, MA 11/27/07, Newtonville Books
- Cambridge, MA 11/2/07, Dire Literary Series
- Newton, MA 9/5/07, Brandeis University Annual Book and Author Luncheon
- Cambridge, MA6/27/07, Porter Square Books with Heidi Pitlor
- Cambridge, MA 5/6/07, Harvard Book Store
- Boston, MA 4/18/07, Simmons College with Elinor Lipman
- Kennebunk, ME 3/29/07, Kennebunk Free Library
- Charlottesville, VA 3/25/07, Virginia Festival of the Book
- Belmont, MA 3/8/07, Belmont Public Library
- Swampscott, MA 3/6/07, Swampscott Public Library
- Dover, MA 1/17/07, Talk and book signing, Dover Town Library
- Brookline, MA 11/30, Brookline Mental Health Center, talk on "Comedy"
- Reading, MA 11/3, Reading, Q&A and book signing at Reading Public Library with Elinor Lipman
- Duxbury, MA 10/29, Reading, talk, signing at Antiques Roadshow-themed event, Duxbury Public Library
- Boston, MA 9/19, Boston Public Library, "An Evening Without..." writers and actors reading from the works of banned writers, sponsored by ACLU Massachusetts, PEN New England and BPL
- Chatham, MA 6/26, Cabbages & Kings Literary Brunch, Wequassett Inn (With Elinor Lipman, Stephen McCauley and Sebastian Stewart)
- Dennis, MA 6/26, Cape Cod Museum of Art (With Elinor Lipman)
- Boston, MA 6/21 Literati Scene TV show with Smoki Bacon and Dick Concannon
- Newton, MA 6/13 Newton Free Library
- Framingham, MA 6/11 Barnes & Noble
- Newton, MA 5/23 Newton Public Library Television
- Boston, MA 3/16 Porter Square Books
- New York, NY 3/20 Corner Bookstore
- Westchester, NY 3/21 Spoken Interludes
- Boston, MA 3/23 Public Library Association Annual Conference, Hynes Convention Center
- Portland, ME 3/24 Maine Public Radio Maine Things Considered
- Brunswick, ME 3/25 Bookland Bookstore
- Brookline, MA 3/30 Brookline Booksmith
- Newton, MA 4/4 Newtonville Books
- Washington, DC 4/20 Ferris-Peter-Levin/Weichert Realtors
- Cambridge, MA 4/26 Cambridge Center for Adult Education
- Boston, MA 4/27 Boston Athenæum
- Wilkes-Barre, PA 4/30 Best Western Genetti Hotel
- South Hadley, MA 5/2 Odyssey Bookshop
- Boston, MA 5/4 Burns & Levinson